Wine Warden – Split System Evaporators
Wine Warden – Split System Condensers
Our Wine Warden Cooling Units are “Split Systems.” This means the 2 parts of each cooling system (the condensing unit and the evaporator unit) are separated. They are mounted in different locations and refrigeration pipes and electrical wires connect the two machines. These climate control systems can be used for small wine closets, average sized wine cellars and extremely large wine storage facilities.
The condenser unit (about the size of a computer printer) is essentially the motor (or engine) that moves the refrigerant through the pipes and it is usually located in a mechanical room or outside the building. Similar to standard AC systems, the compressor located in the condenser generates heat and is air cooled by a fan. To ensure you don’t have noise in or around the wine cellar, putting it outside is probably the best option. The outdoor models can handle temps below freezing and over 100 degrees.
The evaporator (or blower), pushes cool air into the wine cellar and pulls the warm air out of the cellar. We offer 2 different types of evaporators: Ductless Split or Ducted Split. However, these two models use the same condensers. Humidity control is an option for both evaporators.
Ductless Split Wine Warden Units: This evaporator is mounted on the wall INSIDE the wine cellar. When the thermostat calls for cooling, the evaporator pulls warm air into the top of unit and blows it over a cold coil and back into the room.
Ducted Split Wine Warden Systems: This type of evaporator is almost always located OUTSIDE the wine cellar. Supply and warm return air is moved through ducts.
- Quite Evaporators
- Ductless or Ducted Evaporators Available
- Condensers located in a mechanical room or outside the building
- Wine Smart Digital Controls are optional
- Humidifier is optional
- Wine Warden 2500: Up to 2600 BTUs, Approx. 480 cubic feet.
- Wine Warden 4000: Up to 4000 BTUs, Approx. 800 cubic feet.
- Wine Warden 5500: Up to 5700 BTUs, Approx. 1200 cubic feet.
- Wine Warden 7500: Up to 7600 BTUs, Approx. 1600 cubic feet.
- Wine Warden 10,000: Up to 10,200 BTUs, Approx. 3200 cubic feet.
- Wine Warden 11,000: Up to 10,900 BTUs, Approx. 4000 cubic feet.
- We also have solutions for extra-large wine storage spaces.
Call 978-204-3663 to discuss your specific needs.